Alkira Secondary College will again be enrolling students in an Accelerated Class in 2019. Our highly successful program enables students to complete work at their level and fits our stated philosophy of securing the entitlements of all of our students. We are proud that we prepare our students for the rigors of a successful VCE from a young age.
The 2019 intake timeline is listed below. Parents interested in the program for 2019 school year should view the documents and ensure they are submitted by the due date.
|Thursday 19th April 2018|| Alkira 2019 Open Night 6:20pm - 7:30pm
Hear about Masterclass & opportunity to collect Application Form
|Friday 27th April 2018||2019 Masterclasses 2019 application due into the College Office|
|Monday 30th April 2018||Shortlisting for students required to undergo testing|
|Saturday 12th May 2018||Masterclass 2019 Testing from 9am-12 at Alkira College|
|Early-Mid June||results from testing posted out and letters of acceptance|
At the Alkira Sports Academy we focus on developing the student as a TOTAL ATHLETE. This gives the student the ability to develop physically in their current sport. Students will be supported throughout their entire schooling program with particular attention given to educational/occupational pathways, work/life balance, nutrition and emotional development.
|Due Date - Friday 18th May 2018|
AFL Umpiring Academy
Alkira Secondary College has partnered with AFL Victoria and South East Juniors to provide students with;
· a fully supervised, free of charge after hours sport leadership program delivered by trained coaches.
· the opportunity for participants to attain AFL Umpire Accreditation, hours towards a Duke of Edinburgh Award and credit towards VET units.
· the chance for students to develop their skills and earn income by officiating with local umpiring group (South East Juniors) as field umpires.
ACAP (Alkira Creative Arts Project)
ACAP is a new way of thinking about an Arts Academy. ACAP applications are open to all students at Alkira Secondary College and ACAP students will be supported to perform original work, form their own bands, dance troupes, theatre groups, film and visual arts clubs and create their own opportunities to share their arts work. Our curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs are linked together to give students the best opportunity to explore the arts, at all stages of their education. There is no membership fee or charge to students who join ACAP, however excursions will attract the appropriate charge for tickets, transport or presenters.
Membership in the group can be maintained by the student's active participation in one or more of our arts programs:
· Enrolment in an arts elective, VCE or VET subject in Year 9, 10, 11 or 12
· Year 7 and Year 8 students can join our ACAP Jnrs program
· Participation in instrumental music lessons
· Joining our ACAP Student Leadership team
· Joining the school production team as a performer or backstage crew member
· Being part of the event management team that hosts lunchtime performances
· Being in a band, dance group or performance troupe and rehearsing and performing regularly
· Joining our tech crew team