Timeline for Master Class Applications 2020 -
Thank-you for your continued interest in Alkira Secondary College’s Special programs (Masterclass and Sports Academy). Please be advised that applications for these programs will occur after all 2020 Year 7 students have been accepted by the college, as per Department Regulations. Your primary school will be notified when this process will begin. All applications will be made available here on our college webpage and will need to be submitted to the college before the cut-off date.
At the Alkira Sports Academy we focus on developing the student as a TOTAL ATHLETE. This gives the student the ability to develop physically in their current sport. Students will be supported throughout their entire schooling program with particular attention given to educational/occupational pathways, work/life balance, nutrition and emotional development.
The application process for the Sports Academy will now be taking place late in Semester 2. More information will be provided in Term 3.
|Due Date -|
AFL Umpiring Academy
Alkira Secondary College has partnered with AFL Victoria and South East Juniors to provide students with;
· a fully supervised, free of charge after hours sport leadership program delivered by trained coaches.
· the opportunity for participants to attain AFL Umpire Accreditation, hours towards a Duke of Edinburgh Award and credit towards VET units.
· the chance for students to develop their skills and earn income by officiating with local umpiring group (South East Juniors) as field umpires.
ACAP (Alkira Creative Arts Project)
ACAP is a new way of thinking about an Arts Academy. ACAP applications are open to all students at Alkira Secondary College and ACAP students will be supported to perform original work, form their own bands, dance troupes, theatre groups, film and visual arts clubs and create their own opportunities to share their arts work. Our curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs are linked together to give students the best opportunity to explore the arts, at all stages of their education. There is no membership fee or charge to students who join ACAP, however excursions will attract the appropriate charge for tickets, transport or presenters.
Membership in the group can be maintained by the student's active participation in one or more of our arts programs:
· Enrolment in an arts elective, VCE or VET subject in Year 9, 10, 11 or 12
· Year 7 and Year 8 students can join our ACAP Jnrs program
· Participation in instrumental music lessons
· Joining our ACAP Student Leadership team
· Joining the school production team as a performer or backstage crew member
· Being part of the event management team that hosts lunchtime performances
· Being in a band, dance group or performance troupe and rehearsing and performing regularly
· Joining our tech crew team