What is Compass?
All parents, guardians, students and teachers in the Alkira community have a personal secure online Alkira COMPASS account. By regularly logging in to COMPASS you will be kept well informed about what is happening at Alkira including information specific to your child. We recommend you check your COMPASS portal once per day so that you do not miss any important information.
Through their account parents and guardians receive important communications, are kept informed about their child's learning progress, are provided with access to their child's attendance history, can approve absences online, manage excursion permission forms, make school payments, receive school reports and access many other tools and information related to their child's schooling. An alert will appear in your Compass Dashboard when actions are required. Parents can access Compass at their convenience via any computer or mobile phone that is connected to the Internet.
By logging in to their portal parents will be able to:
• Update their registered email and mobile number details (used for SMS alerts)
• Access information regarding upcoming events and our newsletter
• Manage their Compass password
• View teacher comments on work their child has submitted through Compass
• View their child's timetable
• View up to date class lesson plans and school attendance information
• Approve or enter upcoming or past absences for their son/daughter
• Book Parent/Student/Teacher conferences each term
• SMS alerts of absences
• Communicate with their child's teachers
• Approve and pay for upcoming excursions (print and return forms to the school or alternatively approve excursion notices and make payment online)
• Complete their child's course selection information
• Payment of school fees, other costs and contributions (online if preferred)
• Access their child's progress reports and Semester Reports.
To access the secure Compass portal go to Compass - Alkira The school will provide parents with their personal login details. On their first login parents are required to verify their details and to change the password provided. Parents should not share their login details with anyone. This includes their own children, who are issued with their own login.